Friday, January 5, 2007

Bonfire Rides is not a Spanish political prisoner

   I had intended to post this last week, but today is the first time I have touched my camera since I took this picture. The town where I live puts on an annual New Year's Eve celebration called Family First Night. This year they placed mobile signs all around town to spread the word.
   The signs needed to get across the message that the evening was going to be free, that there were many things to do, among which were rides, and that there was going to be a bonfire. Unfortunately, the person who wrote the copy for the sign came up with this:

Free_Bonfire_Rides


   Now, I don't know how you feel about bonfire rides, but the fact that they were free didn't make them any more attractive to me.
   Some vandals "edited" the other side of this sign, but it was changed again before I could get there with the camera. Some quick googling revealed that someone else did get
a shot of it. <snicker>Teenagers</snicker>.

Tags:
, , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's my favorite ride, but I'm not going to PAY for it. (Not the fire one. Ouch.)

Anonymous said...

Did you go to the celebration?  Was it fun?  Was everyone looking for the Free Bonfire rides???  lol

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I just went and saw the teenagers editing... very cute in a Beavis kind of way!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I guess that, at 52, I still haven't outgrown my silly teenage sense of humor, because I saw the flip side of that sign, and I am still laughing.  Tina

Anonymous said...

Hi !!!!!!!!

I wish I was there in your neck of the woods. I would love to go to a bonfire. I especially would love the hot chocolate. You need to take me with you it sure sounds like fun. Thanks for sharing this.