Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Because I was curious

   After talking about my wife's cousin, Giovanni, having found my blog, I wondered how much success he might have trying to read it via the Google translate service. So I pasted the previous entry into the text box there, translated it into Italian and then, because I can't read Italian, translated it back into English. This is what I got:


1:40 a.m and all gushes

   That is a flow insonne of the conciousness. Unscripted, unknown. Hell, is not to go not even to the spell-check. Been obtaining it you live, poichè fuoriesce ahead from my mind of the vapid.

   The dog cannot sleep neanche. I can be found only here for so as to wishing, staring to the ceiling and listening to its untrimmed the nail clickity-clack on the pavement of the hard wood as He covers. Lucky person, you obtain a newspaper entrance from my uneasiness. The moglie is russando, so as to it cannot feel.

   I have approximately four newspaper entrances in progress in my newspaper of the test, in varied I declare of the unreadiness and all that can make is sig.na cultured Snark. It is like a shipwreck of the train. I cannot observe via. How the cliché it is that one?

   They have become addicted to Sudoku. Incolpo of my parents. Not, it is not some editions buried long from my small upbringing of the city. They have given to Matthew the book of Sudoku of the principiante that I have taken and I read a day because they have been bored. Hour step with McDonald's guid-through every morning of Sunday for the first breakfast because it gives outside the complementary copies of the star de Toronto and they print three puzzle that day.

   We have gone Been born them that we acquire today (well, yesterday, fortune teller). I have never pointed out as put out of order Matthew is? This year is obtaining - not, it never improves not Not sapete. I will say that what is not obtaining. It is not obtaining Nintendo Wii. We were in one of I placed you of electronics in the center trades them and have made five scato them of Wii to collect into a pile in on on one console. The moglie has had to ask. The type has laughed it hardly. Not, they do not have any is some in action. Not, they will not have any of before Is been born them. , They will not have any of after Is been born them neanche. Probably not until February, we say ourselves to Therefore is obtaining the qualcos'altro.

   Moreover, we have spold nearly as well as on its stocking as we have made on its main gift. To nearly they are suffocated me when the employee has squillato on the total. That a lot, since the things that small we have in this bag? I have pointed out I have put out of order? The OH, yeah. Me memory of Second phrase of that last tip.

   Tomorrow (today, really) it will be the 20 December, the tenth anniversary of the dead women of the Carl Sagan. I have a skeptical starter shaft I am trying to write to time to include in the circle of the Skeptics of this week (if it were not two in morning point has included a connection to that - if wished one, go behind some starter shafts - will be in some place) and has wished here to publish it today in order to mark the date, but not task that can obtain made it time. It is mainly approximately for the mathematics that, that I understand very well, but that therefore it is reaming, I cannot levarselo in feet. Nevertheless, I wish rifinirlo because task that it says some important thing.

   The cursed dog is scratching to the hatch in order to exit. I have pointed out are two in point of the morning freaking? The lascerei outside, because the zucca it knows I am going to be on a moment, but are frightened that it will see a squirrell in the iarda posterior and begins scortecciare and alarm clock the neighbors. Naturally, it could scratch and gemere hardly until that my moglie did not wake up. Not sure that it would be defective.

   Originally I have written freakin in how much last tip, therefore variable it to freaking. Law various. Yeah, I know that said I it was not going to make the publication at all. I have meant after that hit “savings „. Still to be ortografico control, because I am composing in motion this here, in my newspaper of the test and the Canadian version of the software still does not offer that characteristic. We have obtained to urls described in this the last modernization to you. Which thing you have obtained?

   It has obtained hardly an email. To be just posterior part… Vat as soon as it has left a comment me. Hi Tina. Thankses for the comment. How it is Decrease currently?

   They are forgotten to me hardly that what I was going to say after.

   The OH yeah. I must say hello to the cousins Giovanniof my moglie, in Italy, to its moglie Chettina and their small girl Moraine. Uncle Mario who visits from the Sicily and says that Giovanni has found my newspaper and printed it outside so as to Mario could read it. Task Giovanni has not read same he to it, poichè not task that English reads. I could be wrong. If been reading this and been understanding it, Giovanni, it it falls an email and an opinion, “hello. „Or, “day of the good ones. „Or any.

   The small clock in of angle says 2:20, so as to it has been forty minuteren from when I have begun this. I would have to move it in on? I will be able to sleep if I try? They are the questions rhetoricals moreover cliché?

   You have noticed that I have calculated outside like rendering to the small surplus of the accent mark “and „in the cliché? Here it is a connection that I will put this evening in (this morning). Special characters of the stop Instructions to that page. An explanation that I will add: you write within the numerical code to machine while been maintaining the key “of the stop „. I have not thought that it has been declared enough clearly. It does not work in every browser, but it seems to work here. Yours it turns out to you can vary.

   To have one good night (morning). I am going upstairs harangue the dog.

modifications: we do not have need of smelling modifications


   So, yeah, I'm not thinking that'll be helping him too much. Now I'm going to go to bed. If, that is, I can convince the damn dog to come back inside.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I liked this one better.
Certainly made me laugh more!
Brent

Anonymous said...

ah! this is so funny... I am sure he would want to come and visit you to have a chat and know you better :D
Interesting. Machines can't do this interpreting jobs, they can't get the nuances.
Valerie
(surreality)

Anonymous said...

OMG... it is totally screwed... poor Giovanni!  lol

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

The dog is scratching at the hatch...like you live on a yellow submarine. Cool. --Cin

Anonymous said...

LMAO! I've tried the Google translation service so that my wife could read the e-mails from my Czech cousins. Funniest thing I ever saw. Things such as "The man is an idiot" become "He is bull".

Anyway, flying out tomorrow, won't be near a computer ontil after X-Mas, so I thought I'd stop by and wish you happy holidays Paul. Love reading your stuff.

p.s. One of my dogs woke me up with a fart last night. I should have never given them cheesecake.

Fred

Anonymous said...

"modifications: we do not have need of smelling modifications"

Badges?  We don' need no steeenking badges...  

Sorry to hear about the insomnia Paul.  I was also up suffering last night and didn't get to sleep until sometime around 3:30-ish.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

The Crapometer is a bit like the old cliche, watching a train wreck. But I'm sure you've noticed, just about every single cliche known to the writing world is on display in those hooks, so it's fine you used one!
I liken it to watching 600 writers standing on top of the Empire State Building, jumping one by one and only a few packed their parachute correctly. 98% of them splat on the ground in a sad display of writer agony.
Then again, I never signed up for the initial jump, so I'm just a rubber neck observer taking notes. I know, I know, chicken.
I admit, I tried this entry, then polished off with the one below.
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

this is going to make that poor italians head swim ROFL!!!!!

Anonymous said...

It is, indeed, like a shipwreck of the train.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I suppose you are going to have your wife's family wondering where the hell she went wrong.

:]

Amanda
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

You succeeded in making me laugh throughout this version of your blog and I am always happy when somebody finds a new way to make me laugh.  Gerry

Anonymous said...

THAT'S FUNNY! Just stopping by to say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
~Diane~

Anonymous said...

I once heard of a language translation software program that was tested by taking a phrase from English to Russian and then back to English again.  The test phrase used was "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."  After the translation and re-translation back it came out as "The vodka is good but the meat is rancid."

Words are such slippery things!

Anonymous said...

Actually, words are not slippery things at all. They are, in fact, quite concrete in nature. What can be slippery are the minds of those who use words improperly, imprecisely, or deceptively.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so very, very glad I decided to go back and read your entries that I'd missed while I was on my little hiatus.  That was such a nice laugh you gave me!  I especially loved "listening to its untrimmed the nail clickity-clack on the pavement of the hard wood as He covers....you obtain a newspaper entrance from my uneasiness.", and the whole paragraph that begins "The cursed dog....",  "They are forgotten to me hardly that what I was going to say after," completely sums up the whole thing.  Now I have an irresistable urge to translate something I've written into another language and then translate it back.  Does the Google translate service ever test itself??  No.  I must agree with you.  I don't believe that "...it has been declared enough clearly."
Lori
http://journals.aol.com/helmswondermom/DustyPages