Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Sugar and spice and everything nice...

BBQrub

   It seems Cin, whose picture appears in the dictionary if you look up "sugar and spice," has expressed an interest in the recipe for the BBQ rub I mentioned yesterday. To be fair, I cannot claim responsibility for it. It came to me from a former daycare provider at a local daycare center we used to send Matthew to. He and the kids made a huge batch of the stuff, and each kid's Dad got a bottle of it for Fathers' Day a few years ago. I have no idea where he got it. The recipe was included, in case we wanted to make more.
   And make more we did. I'm now on my second batch. We go through the stuff pretty quickly. I primarily use it on ribs, but occasionally use it to spice french fries and sweet potato fries as well. Have fun with it, and let me know how you enjoy it. Here is the recipe, exactly as I received it. Note that the quantities listed make a pretty huge batch. I usually cut them down by a factor of four.

Rub_Recipe

tags: ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The recepie looks good. What I find really interesting is what's on the the fridge. I love to check out the stuff people put up on the refrigerator door, it's a strange peak into their nature. If it's full of lists, they're typically anal. If it's filled with children's drawings and schedules, they are parents whose time is typically consumed by parenthood.

Fred

Anonymous said...

Thanks, sweetie! I love sweet potato fries. I'll bet that would be a good mix to toss into a crock pot chicken curry, too.

Anonymous said...

Dude, sweet magnet.

Simon

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing!  It looks yummy!  

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh la la la!

Maybe down the road, when I get more domesticated . . . ::sigh:: . . . I will try that out.

Thanks for sharing.

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/dearamanda

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, Paul ... this sounds yummy.  Think I'll give it a try.   Thanks, Tina