Thursday, November 2, 2006

A stalker of my very own

   Let me tell you a little bit about my "stalker."

1) He isn't all that firmly connected to reality. He writes an AOL journal about astrology, where he claims to channel information from some spirit, or alien, or god, or something, and warns about cosmic UV rays bathing the planet and lifting us to a new level of consciousness. Comments expressing skepticism I left on his journal were deleted within minutes.

2) He is walking a fine line between nut-case Internet nuisance and dangerous real-life stalker. He has informed me that he will never leave me alone; that he will e-mail me every day (22 emails from him so far today); that he has me on his buddy list. He has threatened me with legal action for a comment I left on another blog that referred to him. He has told me that he is currently living in Toronto, and has threatened to "track me down." Suffice it to say that every communication he has sent me has been saved, and if I ever see his face in real life I'll be dialing 911 faster than you can say "cosmic UV rays."

3) He isn't really all that bright. He emailed the owner of the blog where the comment in question was left, demanded it be removed, and threatened him with legal action. The blog owner basically told him to go blow, which he somehow interpreted as acquiescence, and declared the matter closed. When he registered for the screen name he used to make that derogatory comment here, he put down my e-mail address. So I received all the confirmation e-mails for the registration. I went to aol.com, clicked on 'sign in,' entered the screen name he used, and clicked on 'I forgot my password.' Sure enough, they e-mailed me a new one, and now I own that screen name, and he can't access it any more.

   Yeah, this guy's a real winner.

tags:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paul, the cosmic rays told him you were going to do that,lol..so he will get your password very soon..LMAO..the cosmic rays told me..hehe...laughing...-Raven

Anonymous said...

OH another thing...there are plenty of people that believe the stars mold those 12 distinct personalities yearly, so if that was true why couldn't such power have prophecy..lol...You know that I'm kidding but between all the celebrities and the folks who read their horoscopes, he may not be a nut case to the many intellectuals on planet earth....but hey, you do have my compassion. Life is rough enough without having to deal with his type of sillyness. -Raven

Anonymous said...

Oh for crying out loud!  What is wrong with this nutcase???  Good luck... keep copies of everything....

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

He's not stalking you.  He's in Canada to decipher the cosmic wisdom of the Aurora Borealis.  From there, he will gain the power of the Mighty Humming Toads of Borneo, and sometime, perhaps over a plate of poutines, you will find yourself contemplating a game of misplayed marbles from your youth, and you will know then the true power of the Ultra Violet Rays from the 2nd Dimension.

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are keeping copies of everything... The odds are you will never see this guy in person, but there is that scary 1 chance that you could. Definitely err on the side of safety!!

That said, I do find it all a little entertaining, but then I'm not the one he is annoying!
http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Good Hell, you gave decent hints and such, but I'll be damned if I can find an AOL journal that talks about that crap. Did you know that when you type in astrology in find it in all blogs, YOU and your entries come up more then anything else. Thats cosmic ironic~~

Oh ya, since we all know your new stalker will read all of this.....he's a moron and I hope he can channel the comprehension of that meaning.......

Anonymous said...

Gee I'm sorry Paul... I didn't realise you were a movie star.. you know... famous and all.. maybe Dawn and Dan and I should sak for autotgraphs?!:)
natalie

Anonymous said...

I don't think this is funny, and I certainly think this should be taken seriously, with the right authorities.
Valerie

Anonymous said...

You know Paul, he's mixed up. I know a thing or two about Astrology myself, and all good astrologers know that: When the moon is in the Seventh House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars, then peace will guide the planets, and love will steer the stars, this is the dawning of the age of Aquarius.

Fred

Anonymous said...

Dammit, now I want my own stalker, too.  Lucky...

(And if he claims to be in Toronto, how can he think he'll ever be able to track you down when you really live in my basement?  Doesn't he know that?  Aurora is just a front, man!)

Simon

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm jealous!  He isn't really very bright, though, is he?  If I ever get a stalker, I at least want a *bright* one.  And one with a little more imagination.  
Lori

Anonymous said...

Geez, how come nobody is interested in stalking ME?  ( That was a joke, Mister Stalker Person )  But seriously, Paul, I could lend you my voodoo doll.  It's worked pretty well for me in the past.  Tina

Anonymous said...

Are you sure he doesn't work for SETI?!  Sorry, couldn't resist this one.  I hope your stalker stops the stalking.  Julie

Anonymous said...

Sorry Paul, I'll stop sending you email every day and I'll also drop the lawsuit I threatened you with.

Okay, kidding aside, all of this sounds pretty incredible. Just be glad that the guy doesn't have your phone number. I dated a girl once who would fill up my answering machine with messages, call me at work and eventually visited my office downtown. Not cool.