Thursday, November 2, 2006

New comment policy

   Well, not new so much, as I've never had a specific comment policy before. However, recent events here in J-Land (read stalker) have prompted this. So, here is the official Aurora Walking Vacation Comment Policy:

1) I can delete any comment, on any entry, at any time, for any reason. It doesn't matter if it's an offensive comment or one that is completely innocuous. If I take a fancy to the delete button, your ass is grass. Now, that being said, it's not like all that wasn't already the case. Now it's just been explicitly stated. And it's not like I'll make heavy use of this heady power anyway. I have no fear of anything anyone wants to say to or about me, and it has pretty much been my policy in the past to let people's behaviour speak for itself. If you want to reveal yourself for the ass you are in print for the world to see, knock yourself out. I pretty much reserve the delete button for spam, or significant obscenity.

2) Do not think that you can escape public examination of your comments by sending them via e-mail instead of posting them here. As of this moment, no e-mail sent to me making reference to this blog has any reasonable expectation of privacy. If you turn my crank, I'm likely to blog about it, and that could include reproducing your e-mail verbatim in these pages. If you don't want your comments made available to the world at large, keep them to yourself. (Note that private e-mails sent to me that are unrelated to this blog do not fall into this category. Note also that I am likely to interpret the words "related to this blog" in an extremely liberal manner, so don't try to slip one by me by calling me an asshole without making reference to why you think so. I'll call you on it.)

3) If you have thought about commenting, but have been put off by the restriction of needing an AOL screen name in order to do so, just go and get one. They're free, after all. Hey, I went out and signed up for a Blogger name, and a TypeKey ID, etc. so I could comment on your blogs.

tags:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I missed out on reading your last entry so I'll have to go over it as soon as I have time. I did see the asinine s/n with the asinine insult but imitation is attempted flattery. I may ask to borrow this entry one day. Well, written and straight to the point.
Bravo!!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

Ahh I see you have a heckler, a wanna be, copy your name, real live stalker.
Someone has to be really bored, really immature, really ignorant to go through the trouble of making a name just like yours just so they could spam your journal.
Or else your just really special :o) Sic em .........
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

"Mr. Sockpuppet"--that made me laugh. But sorry about your stalker. I'll be extra nice to you from now on because that threat of turning my ass into grass...well, that just scares the crap out of me. As if I need any more complexion problems at my age. (Really it made me remember a limerick I learned from a guy from London when I was sixteen. The rhyming words are Leeds, seeds, ass, grass, and weeds.)
Peace and carrots,
Cin

Anonymous said...

Aw man, I want my own stalker too. All the cool guys and gals have one. Um, "innocuous", that's when they give you a shot to keep you from getting a disease, right? LMAO! This could be fun to watch. Hopefully your stalker is entertaining.

Fred

Anonymous said...

Hey this is your blog...your in the control seat. You shouldn't have to explain your reasons, or your deleting or anything....that is your choice and should be respected by anyone who honors individuality....-Raven

Anonymous said...

You rock Paul.. delete at will if need be...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

I'll trade you my televangelist with the fragile ego for a beam-sucking whacko from Dimension 2.  Interested?  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

ah Paul! (coughs) uhhuh! Now Dan and Fred both want stalkers!
lol!natalie

Anonymous said...

You are upset Paul, and I hate this whole thing going on...
Valerie