Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Monday Photo Shoot

   Yes, I know it's not Monday. But John said that it's only called the Monday Photo Shoot because that's the day he posts it. This week's topic is:
Your Monday Photo Shoot: Take a picture of something you've made. Pottery, cookies, a drawing or painting, a poem or a pipe cleaner stick man -- it's all good, it just has to have been made by you. Show off your creativity.
   So, here it is.

Framed_Quote
   What is it? It's a Christmas gift. Or at least it was a Christmas gift. I gave it to a fellow netizen, a regular over on the forums at Brightweavings.com, several years ago. Every year several of us participate in a Secret Santa gift exchange that is generously run by one of our members.
   For a closer look, click on the picture to see a larger version. It is a verse from one of Guy Gavriel Kay's books printed on 'vellum' and then adhered to a piece of decorative hand made paper (made by my hands). That paper, thick with crushed stems of sage, and a few african violet petals, was then stuck on a piece of white, textured paper, and signed by Mr. Kay for the recipient.
   That recipient was a woman in England whose name I had been assigned by random drawing (Hi Daisyjane). I think I got my wife a pair of socks that year. Yeah, and you were wondering why I built that dog house.
   Anyway, there you have it: my one stab at creativity. Actually, I once wrote song for the piano, but I can't remember how to play it anymore.

tags: ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome gift!!! I love the way you framed it, too.

Anonymous said...

Having made my own paper as well (thought without anything nearly as fancy as you), I say Bravo!

Of course, I say, DOH! when I discover that you didn't do this for your wife...

but whatever ;)
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

Very Nice Paul!! Bea

Anonymous said...

I think you should now do the same for your wife (duh) maybe with a poem of your own making as you do have 2 poetry blogs.  Get going... Christmas and Yule and all that stuff (you don't believe in) is coming (and she does).

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

wow, very nice!  You do good work.  Now you really DO need to make something for your wife!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GREAT GIFT!!!  You are very creative!.....I think we're doing a secret santa here in JLAND & you have me!!!!  ; )
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariebm56/PhotographsMemoriesToo

Anonymous said...

Wow, now that is a cool gift!