Saturday, September 9, 2006

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

   In an interview with William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy about the 40th anniversary of Star Trek, they talk about The Man Trap; not intended to be the first episode in the series, but the one NBC executives chose to air first. Says Nimoy:
"NBC decided that this series would be most successful if we had sort of a monster of the week to sell. What's the monster this week? And so they put a monster show on the air the first episode, and I think it was a terrible mistake, because it was really not what we were about.''
   Sound familiar, Firefly fans?

tags:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I loved Star Trek. Loved it! I think its why so many of us in our generation are Sci-Fri freaks,lol. I'm one too.  I also loved those monsters. I think my favorite where those puffy sponges. I wanted one of those for Christmas. I dont think it was just about monsters it was about how good looking William Shatner was and that first black/white kiss and an ever fond loving for the nerd. Leonard Nimoy gets credit for that. Loved him. And, Scottie and Docs humur kept us laughing. The show was always well done.

Anonymous said...

I could write about Star trek for hours, but I'll just say that I love the show dearly and end it there..lol!!

Stevie

Anonymous said...

Tribbles...  How could you ever say that Tribbles are monsters?  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

If only Firefly had been able to recover as well from their evil executive overlords.

Gotta admit it though, those gorram tribbles were pretty cool.