Thursday, July 13, 2006

More answers...

...to questions posed by you, my readers.

Amanda asked: If you wear a sheet on Halloween are you a ghost or are you a mattress?
   I would have to say that depends upon whether there are two holes in the sheet, or one.
Dan asked: When can we expect to see a novel from you?  You are writing one, aren't you?
   I am not currently writing a novel. I was going to make a joke here to the effect that I was writing a traditional, but I didn't think anybody would get it. If your comment that I should be was intended as a compliment to my writing, I thank you very much.
Dawn asked for a clarification of one of my answers from the previous entry. She said: In the answer...to me you said you have not taught your son anything about religion, which to me is totally different than not exposing him to belief in God.  Has your wife discussed her beliefs in God with your son?
   I do not think that she has, although I could be wrong. However, if you remember another one of my recent entries, I mentioned going to church with my sister's family in Ottawa regularly. Matthew accompanies us when we go, and joins his cousins in their version of Sunday school. As well, a couple of years ago, Matt spent a week up there without us, during which time I know he was exposed to religious teaching. His aunt has also given him the gift of a children's bible, which he has spent some time reading on his own.
   I have made no explicit statements to him regarding my beliefs (not that I'm deluded enough to think he doesn't know exactly how I feel), and I did not discuss with him the things his aunt talked to him about. If, one day, he decides to explore religion in more depth, that will be his decision, and I will not dissuade him.
Dawn also asked: If I were to suggest two books on mediumship for you to read, and the second one lists info regardingtesting and names of law enforcement supporters of this person, would you read them with an open mind?
   On the condition I can find them at my local library, yes. I won't be buying them. Send me the titles, and I will look them up. If I can find them, I will read them, and review them here.
One more time, Dawn asked: I have one sexual encounter with my hubby that always stands out above all the other wonderful ones, do you have one of these with your wife and would she agree?  Or are you like my hubby and the last one is always the best one...lol?
   Hmmmm. Tough question. I would say that, while there have been some better, and some not so much better experiences, there is no one that stands out in my mind. What would my wife say? I have no idea. Although I would say to your husband, "isn't it the next one that is always the best one?"
Simon elucidates upon his first question: A previous entry of yours was titled (I think) The Island of Loss in The Sea of Grief.  It was one of your most memorable.  Does the event that led to your stay on that island have any bearing on your current atheistic stand?
   Duh! Sorry, Si, I totally missed that reference. I was thinking reality TV. The answer to that question is no. My beliefs about God (or the lack thereof) are based entirely on my intellectual examination of the available material, and were formed a long time ago, but thank you for phrasing that question so delicately.
Grwighter asked: Answer Dawn's [question] first!
   I'm not sure which one of Dawn's questions you were referring to, but if it was the one about my love life, that's really creepy, Dad.
Elleme2 asked: What was your profession/occupation before you became a volunteer house husband and what prompted you to make that change?
   I was, for the past twelve years, a salesman in an independant, upper end home theater/audio-video electronics retailer. I quit because I was tired of listening to my boss complain about how much he waspaying us,and looking for ways to pay us less.
Tam asked: If you had a million dollars and could spend it on only one thing, what would it be?
   The world's largest poutine? Nah, probably a nice house on a large piece of property.
Tam also asked: Do you have  any pictures of Italy ? If so, will you post one?
   I have done so. If you start at the entry "Well, I'm back," he said, and work your way forward, you can read about my trip and see several pictures.
Dianna asked: 1) Who really kidnapped the Lindburg baby?  and  2) Did Lizzie Borden really kill her parents?
   Now you're just getting silly.
Emily asked: As Mr. Mom, do you clean toilets and kitchen floors? Do you have pictures?
   Yes. No.

tags:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for answering my questions with honesty and clarity!  And that was your dad???? Ewwwww!!!!  lol

I will email you about the books privately...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Some interesting Q & A. Thank you for sharing.

Brenda

Anonymous said...

No, I wasn't being silly! There is a lot of controversy involving the kidnapping of the Lindburg baby and Lizzie Borden and I thought perhaps you had formed an opinion.
Dianna < < pouts

Anonymous said...

  Well, Dianna, seeing as Lizzie Borden's parents were murdered in 1892, and Charles Lindbergh III was kidnapped in 1932 - both dates well before I was born into this world - it isn't possible for me to have an informed opinion on the matter. Sure, I can read all the available information. So much of it is outright speculation, though, and after this length of time it has become almost impossible to separate the true facts of the cases from the speculation. It is virtually impossible for ANYONE to have an informed opinion on the matter. Besides, I mean honestly, who really cares anymore?
-Paul
http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

Anonymous said...

This has gotten sort of interesting... I may just steal the idea.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

Freaking eh!  It took me three whole days to finally understand that "novel-traditional" joke.  

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

dear Paul,
this was a very intersting entry!
ummm
I loved the bit about buying apiece of land... it is so nice to spend time in nature and I think it is so cool that you go one outings wiht the whole family in nature!
natalie
ps
what was your favorite family outing? party?
natalie

Anonymous said...

lol still looking for your answers
nat

Anonymous said...

I am slowly getting back into the swing of things here. . .
Thanks for the explination on my question, I can go to sleep at night now knowing the answer to that. I don't want to mess up your fung shui or anything by only stopping by my journal every couple days or so BUT even though you just came around yesterday, I did steal something and mention you in there today. FYI.

:-D

Take care,
Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin