Sunday, June 11, 2006

What's under the burkha?

   I dropped by Dan's place today, and he had another one of those meme things going on. So, I figured, since he's stealing material from me, it's only right I return the favour.
   The deal with this one is, you type your name, and the word 'needs' into the Google search box. You then copy the first ten non-repeating complete sentences it presents you with. Like this:

Paul needs free music downloads. The first ten or so results were like this. Apparently, there is a musician somewhere named Paul Needs.

Paul needs a haircut. When you keep your hair this short, that's pretty much always true.

Paul needs your help... Please call the number on your screen, and give whatever you can afford.

Paul needs happiness. Don't we all?

Paul needs volunteers. To answer all those calls. To bring me happiness.

Paul needs specs. Actually, my old ones are getting pretty scratched up. And I probably need a new prescription anyway. (I think this one is referring to that musician again).

Paul needs enough light to create a nice even wash across the stage. Because, you know, presentation is everything.

Paul needs to focus more on capital management. 'Nuff said.

Paul needs to get out of New York for a while. Sure. I'll go with that. Because, in order to get out of New York, I would have to be in New York, and that would be cool.

Paul needs to stay away from drug users like George Michaels. Aw, Mom! Why can't I pick my own friends?

   I'm told Dan stole this one from
Pat, who in turn got it from Carly. Yeah, I know. It's not nearly as fun as it sounds. Instead of doing that, you might check out this video evidence that the American presence in Iraq is having a westernizing influence on their society. Girls Gone Wild Baghdad.

tags:
, ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee Paulo,
It's hard to feature you needing specs, a prescription, help, and some music downloads!lol!:)
and.. who did you say you wanted to help in Iraq?:)
nat

Anonymous said...

:::giggle::: I think I have to do this one!

d
http://journals.aol.com/nightmaremom/Thisandthatandhockey/

Anonymous said...

Mine wasn't nearly as amusing as yours:

http://mavarin.livejournal.com/#entry_40023

so I did a Googlism.  Ah!  Much better!

http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/2006/06/google-games.html

Karen

Anonymous said...

no fair!  You got better "needs' then I did!  pplllsstttt

Anonymous said...

And I git it from Suzanne :) LOL.

Who is Dan?

Love your "needs." very cool indeed. :)

Always, Carly

http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com