Wednesday, June 28, 2006

It's always a rainy day without you

Preview

   Today marks the second anniversary of the creation of this blog. The graphic above represents the past year of traffic here.

Some artifacts of interest:
The huge spike right at the left edge of the picture marks the week I was the Guest Editor.

I think the abrupt canyons in mid August and mid November are the result of AOL glitches that prevented the counter from registering hits. At least one of those was the time all of the data in my about me section disappeared into the ether, never to return. I had to recreate it from memory.

The large depression from mid December to mid February marks the period I was without a working computer, and so not posting any more frequently than once every couple of weeks.

A similar, but smaller depression in what looks like the second half of September doesn't ring any bells with me. I can only assume I was being particularly boring for those two weeks. (Having just gone and looked, I can only say, "hellooooo? You were in Italy for three weeks and couldn't make a single entry during that time, remember? D'uh!)

   The graph only shows one year of traffic because I had just installed my third party counter about ten days before my first blogiversary. I have no stats on record for that first year. According to Journals Editor Joe, and the journals development team, StatCounter.com is one of the websites whitelisted to allow a limited form of javascripting in the future. Hopefully, this means I'll soon be able to track referring sites and search engine strings to find out even more about the people who visit, where they come from, and what they want (although to judge by what my friend Jaquandor regularly discovers about his visitors, that may not be a good thing).
   If I squint my eyes, and turn my head just so, it seems to me that the graph displays a general upward trend in traffic. That would be cool, if true. I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who comes by and reads regularly, whether you comment or not. It is rewarding having an audience, even a small one. I appreciate you.

tags:

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary, Nanook.  We appreciate you, too.


xoxoxo,
andi

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Paul!
Glad you are still around!

I may not comment much, but I do read!

Peace
Jodi

Anonymous said...

Two years, and it's still a great read.  Congrats!

Now, we must have cake, booze and dancing girls!  Woohoo!

-Dan

Anonymous said...

Cake is fattening, Dan.
-Paul

Anonymous said...

wow, 2 yrs!  congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Paul...keep us thinking!

Anonymous said...

Yes.  Cake is fattening.  But, the booze and dancing girls are low-calorie treats.  And, so long as we take the stairs, we're good to go, I think.

-Dan
http://journals.aol.com/dpoem/TheWisdomofaDistractedMind/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your journal, I hope mine is as successful as yours!

Anonymous said...

I am absolutely certain of one thing, I like your blog, I like you, and I am not alone!!!

be well,
Dawn

ps, Enjoy being well read... I have way less....

Anonymous said...

Dawn has a blog?   Well sheesh... Where's the link?  

-Dan

Anonymous said...

Happy day, Paul.

And I appreciate you.  Let's hug.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aurora Walking Vacation!
Now you are in your terrible two's - dun - dun - dunnnnnn.

Take care and have a lovely day!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Birthday. You made it through the terrible two's, does this mean you'll be a docile 3 year old?

Keep writing friend,  keep writing..........
Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary... Happy Anniversary.  Happy Anniversary.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!  Happy Happy Happy Happy... Happy Anniversary!
I still remember when I first noticed you... You had made some comment about us Americans and the importance of having an attractive President or something goofy like that.  I've adored you ever since.  I'm sure by your little hit tracker that you know I stalk you... er... read you... regularily, although for reasons I've already explained to you... I don't always comment.  But yeah... You're one of my favorites.  Looking forward to your next post, as always.  Dorn

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!
Dianna

Anonymous said...

I could have sworn that I left you a comment on here... something about how popular you were compared to me... I don't know where it is... but...

Happy Anniversary!

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Paul
nat

Anonymous said...

Cool graph.  Or is is a relief of the land?  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

You lost me on the graph...do you really really want to know who's reading you? On the same note I lost my counter sometime last year and that bothered me a bit, do you know why they keep going out?  I'm glad you are keeping carnovaol (I know I mispell that) going...Sandi