Tuesday, May 23, 2006

absolutely nothing

   There is a new journal on my blogroll. I found it today via a link from someone else. The Cosmic Water Cooler, I think. It's called The Medicine Box, and this post might be a good introduction. A snippet:
The Bible
The Bible was written by God as a merchandising tie-in to His blockbuster film "The Ten Commandments." Each book of the Bible is named after a person who features prominently in it, for example, the Book of Numbers, which is named after Herschel Numbers, who invented numerals. The Bible was so successful that God wrote a sequel, "Bible II: On to Rome," now generally called "The New Testament." Protestants believe the Bible is literal and exactly true in every detail except the description of the Eucharist, while Catholics are not allowed to read the Bible.


Heh.

tags:, ,

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just can't help yourself can you??

Dude... I'm on nights here. I need some thought provoking threads here.
This is a good start but... more, more!
Brent
PS: I'll have to check out those blogs as well.

Anonymous said...

His blog is interesting Paul... it would seem though, that he is a 'believer' as you are wont to call those of us, who are not atheistic.  See his 4/14 entry...

be well,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Rats!  Nevermind me.  I just came here hoping I'd be the 20,000th visitor, and that I might get a free piece of cake or something.  

On the other hand, I definitely think God needs better P.R. people.  This whole "terrify people into believing in me" thing just isn't working in this day and age.  

-DP

Anonymous said...

Catholics are allowed to read the bible today but are encouraged to interpret it in a "Catholic" way otherwise being guilty of heresy. Did I fail to mention I was Traditional Catholic for 23 years?
I'm off to read his blog!
Thanks:)
Dianna

Anonymous said...

It's blogs like that that make me regret I have but a few precious moments to commit to reading stuff I shouldn't be, while at work, and needs must restrict myself to my previously established blogroll.

Funny snippet though.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

I love the Cosmic Water Cooler. He's on my list of daily reads--I've been meaning to link him (and a bunch of others).

Anonymous said...

um...Paul... yuo mean Moses and his ten from God, no?
hugs,nat