Wednesday, April 12, 2006

This is only a test

   This is a test of the emergency journal entry system. After last night's "upgrade" of AOL Journals, I am unable to access any of my journals. When I try, I receive an Apache Tomcat /5.5.9 - Error report page. This error does not affect my Test Journal (private, you can't see it), but it does affect all of my regular journals.
   "Well, that's odd," you say. "Why would it not affect your test journal, but all of your others?"

   I think it is because my Test Journal was created using the link on AOL's peopleconnection.aol.com/blogs page, so is an AOL-US journal, whereas all of my other journals were created from the AOL Canada Hometown page, and so are AOL Canada journals. At least, that's my guess. Journals Editor Joe has passed my complaint on to the powers that be, and I will wait to see what happens.
   I will also wait to see if this entry gets properly added. This concludes the test of the emergency journal entry system. If this had been a real emergency, I would have been curled up in a ball under my desk.

9:50PM Wednesday - I'm back. Did you miss me?

tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I did miss you, horribly.  Almost curled up under my own desk.  But really, if your Test Journal is private, I fail to see the justification in linking it.

That's just gorram silly.


Simon
http://simianfarmer.com

Anonymous said...

Yes I noticed this . . . I tried to get to CarnivAOL the other day, and it wouldn't let me . . . interesting.

I did . . . miss you, (looking away with wondering eyes.)  :)

Thanks for supporting the Pete! That is wonderful news to a Cincinnatian.

Take Care!

Amanda :)
http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Second Lieutenant!
natalie