Friday, March 10, 2006

Friday random ten.

   The wife got an iPod from work, so I spent several hours ripping about 40 CDs to the computer last night for her. Amazing little thing, smaller than a pack of gum, and it holds about 135 songs. But, that's not what this entry is about.
   This entry is about The Friday Random Ten. It's a meme I see played out regularly at several blogs, but as I, up 'til now, have not used my computer for music, I have not previously participated. Now, I have no intention of changing my ways. I'm a little bit nose in the air when it comes to my music, and the sound quality on the computer just doesn't cut it for me. But having iTunes open anyway, I thought, "wot the heck," clicked shuffle, and noted the first ten songs that came up.
   Be aware that these songs have been chosen from 40 albums I loaded based on my wife's musical preferences. Not that I actively dislike any of this music, but if it were based on my preferences, the list would be dramatically different.
   So, now, with no further ado, here is the first (and likely only) ever AWV edition of The Friday Random Ten.

1) Dire Straits--So Far Away
2) Eric Clapton--Layla (Unplugged)
3) Great Big Sea--Beat The Drum
4) Jeff Healey--I Wish I Were Twins
5) Jesse Cook--Beloved
6) Billy Joel--Ain't No Crime
7) Robert Michaels--Tandura
8) Dire Straits--Walk Of Life
9) Lee Aaron--I'd Love To
10) Barry White--I Only Want To Be With You

tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it's not rainin' up there, ya' might well DROWN!

LMAOOOOOOOOO

andi
ps: I am uniquely unqualified to comment any further.

Anonymous said...

cool selection Paul!
nat