Wednesday, September 7, 2005

Five'll getcha seven

 FIVE more sleeps before departure day.

   Dayum! I have been creeping quietly around the edges of J-Land for a week trying to avoid this seven things meme that's going around. I thought it had just about run its course, and I was safely out of the woods when, Bam! Lahoma tagged me. With a two-by-four. Upside the head.
   I'm a bit dazed, but I'll give it my best shot. Not because, as Lahoma opined, I love these things, but because I don't want to dis the girl.
   So, here goes:

7 things I plan to do before I die

1) Visit the U.K.
2) Break 100 on the golf course
3) Visit another planet (at least I used to plan to do this one, but time's ticking away)
4) Learn to type
5) Make a difference
6) Hold a grandchild or two
7) Live to be 100


7 things I can do:


1) See
2) Smell
3) Taste
4) Feel
5) Hear
6) Breathe
7) Wiggle my toes

 7 Things I can't do:

1) Disprove the existence of God
2) Run a four minute mile
3) Irish clog dance
4) Use a gun
5) Suffer fools gladly
6) Get all the way through a Robert Jordan novel
7) Play the Sousaphone (or any other musical instrument, for that matter)

7 things that attract me to the opposite sex


1) Sauciness
2) Smiles
3) Wiggle
4) Warmth
5) Confidence
6) Curves
7) Huge...tracts of land

7 things I say most often


1) Release the hounds
2) I find your lack of faith disturbing
3) Nobody gets out alive
4) You're the man now, dawg
5) Can you hear me now?
6) You're awesome, you make me sweat
7) As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly

7 celebrity crushes


Well, I'm not fourteen, so I wouldn't call these crushes, but the seven celebrities I find most attractive right now would be:
1) Elisha Cuthbert
2) Charlize Theron
3) Salma Hayek
4) Eliza Dushku
5) Jennifer Connelly
6) Gwen Stefani
7) Julianne Moore

7 people I want to send this to


No

   OK,Lahoma?

Updated: Dec. 7, 2005

Seven books I love:

1) Tigana, Guy Gavriel Kay
2) Dune (the whole series), Frank Herbert
3) Norstrilia (and all the short fiction of), Cordwainer Smith a.k.a. Paul Linebarger
4) Slaughterhouse-five, Kurt Vonnegut
5) Zygal-A book of mysteries and translations, bpNichol
6) The Hobbit, J.R.R. Tolkien
7) The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha, Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

Seven movies I would watch over and over again:

1) The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Peter Jackson
2) The Star Wars (original) Trilogy, George Lucas
3) A Knights's Tale, Brian Helgeland
4) Matrix, The Wachowski Brothers
5) Gladiator, Ridley Scott
6) Highlander, Russell Mulcahy
7) Pirates of the Caribbean, Gore Verbinski

   OK, Simon?

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heh.  Arthur Carlson lives! - Karen

Anonymous said...

LOL Thank you Paul, but that's not fair. You gotta tag 7 people. ;p

Loved you answers, almost all of them made me smile.

Anonymous said...

You'd like to live to 100? Me too! But live a different/better lifestyle than I do now somewhere along the years.

Anonymous said...

LOL Paul, you cracked me up. Shocking answers ... not. : - p

Brandi

Anonymous said...

Remember when we did the word game and your word for me was inscrutable?   Well I took each of the words and wrote a poem...I challenge you to do that
BUT I get to change my word for you now that I know you better...PARADOX...which you are...cmp

Anonymous said...

Yes, you have to tag 7 people! What is up with that! That is the whole point! Some seem kinda weak - 7 things you can do? Not even a curl your tongue or imitate someone's voice?

http://journals.aol.com/psychfun/MeThinksTooMuch/

Psychfun

Anonymous said...

I haven't played Tag you're it in a very long time....you did pretty good. Lahoma did get us pretty well didn't she?? Sandi  http://journals.aol.com/sdoscher458/LifeIsFullOfSurprises

Anonymous said...

Ilmao..looking round lots of laughter Paul very good lists!
natalie

Anonymous said...

"5 sleeps", I can SO tell you are a Daddy.  :)  And ya better get on with tagging your seven, Slim.

ps: you STILL haven't asked me what I want from Italy, and it is SO reasonable.  LMAOOO


thats a-r-t-loner@aol.com

Ciao Baby!

Anonymous said...

Party pooper!  Party Pooper!  
Me too!  (Sorry Lahoma)

Anonymous said...

Too funny...you are just too funny!  I love it!  No one has tagged me yet...nana!!

Be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/
Poetry:

Anonymous said...

Re: "Sayings", #7: I forgot to include Herb Tarlick on my list of 7 crushes.  Tina

Anonymous said...

OK, Paul.  I totally forgot about this older one.  Not that it's forgettable.  Just, you know, it goes way back to September.

Your objection of earlier today on my own site has been duly noted and is slated to come up before committee within the next 9 to 12 months.

Simon
http://simianfarmer.com