Sunday, May 1, 2005

Weekend assignment

Weekend Assigment #57: Share some of your favorite Journals, Blogs and Web sites not on AOL Journals. Come on, we know you go off the school grounds from time to time. Tell us where you go. 'Cause we want to go, too. Even just one pick is fine (no more than five, though. Pick the best to share). Also, just in case this was a temptation, my site off AOL should not be one of your selections.

Extra credit: Find a link you think your mother might like. What is it?

   Oh, boy! What to use, what to use? My list of bookmarks is extensive, and most of them are from outside of the AOL environment. If you want to read a blog and be really entertained, read stuffandjunk. Lissa has a way with expression that always catches my imagination. A couple of other blogs that have a common topicality are Pharyngula, and Respectful Insolence; both written by very intelligent, and very learned men.
   This is my most recent addition to my favourites folder called blog entries worth saving. It is very funny. Accordion Guy: Sacredelicious.
   On the non-blog front, A Brief History of the Apocalypse is fun. It is a list of all the end-of-the-world prophecies and predictions that the authors could find, and how they turned out. Meanderingly.com is a fairly new endeavour. It is a small, but growing experiment in online collaborative writing. Check it out. Also, for the home theater fans in the group, here is The Largest Subwoofer of the World. You have to scroll down a bit to get past the propoganda for their new amplifier to find the subwoofer. That big hole in the floor? Yep, you found it.
   And last, and almost certainly least, I think no world wide web user should be allowed to miss out on Gene Ray's Time Cube site, or Ted Jesus Christ God.

Extra Credit: A website my mother would like? How about The World Wide Quilting Page?

   I know. That's way more than five. Deal with it.

   Also, I added one thing to my list of (almost) 100 things about me.
  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm in complete agreement about Pharyngula - guess I'll have to give Respectful Insolence a try.

wil

The Daily Snooze -- http://journals.aol.com/olddog299/DailySnooze/

Anonymous said...

Oh goody!! More journals to peruse!! I have to say when you recommend a journal, I look forward to checking it out myself, especially sine I found Simian through you, although come to thin of it, his is the only non-aol blog I read. So where else would I look for blogs? Penny

Anonymous said...

Congrats at being on the main screen!!  I'll check out your links.  Me being me.. misunderstood this assignment all together (insert laugh here)
~ Promise