Monday, December 20, 2004

How about that weather?

  OK, so it is officially cold outside. Yesterday, I was talking to my sister on the phone, and she asked me how cold it was here. I told her that I was looking at the thermometer outside my kitchen window. It had full sun beating down on it, and it read -13C (that's about zero for you Fahrenheit folk).
  No, that's not what I was talking about. I took the dog out for a walk at the dog park, and almost froze the tip of my nose off, but that's really not all that cold.
  This morning, that same thermometer reads -27C (again, for you Celsius challenged people, that's almost -20F). Now that, is damn cold! I am not even remotely stupid enough to try and go over to the dog park today. Unfortunately, I do have to go out shopping. This morning may be the only opportunity I have all this week to get out without my son tagging along. I hope my car starts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday broke the record books here in Virginia at 21F.  That was the coldest day ever recorded in December here.  It actually snowed of course the snows gone now but my oldest and I went out and played in it that night.  I took both the boys out the next day to play it only stayed for a day and a half.  My uncle lives in Northern Maine about 15 minutes from the canadian border and they get a lot of that 20 below zero weather starting in november.  I'm glad I moved to the south.
Cindy