Thursday, November 25, 2004

The writing is on the car

  This morning I stood by the side door of the house, coffee in one hand, lunch bag in the other, and herded my ten year old out the door. I then strolled to the front window to watch him walk across the street to the school. He was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he was already across the street and out of sight behind the school? Not my son, sister. He's the only kid I know who takes ten minutes to put on his shoes, and he doesn't even do up the laces. A mystery!
  I trundled over to the kitchen window to see what was holding his attention. He was doing this:

hidad

  The trials and tribulations of parenthood are many and daunting. But the rewards, oh the rewards!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see his penmanship has improved since the singing Governor General...
:)

Simon

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh..that is just the cutest!

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a picture of that Paul!  That is going to be one of those cute little things you can show his future wife!  Kids are the best!!  

Kell

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. Did it put a smile on your face? It would mine. I sat down at my computer a few days ago and Cameron had left me a message on the computers paint program. I opened it up and it said, I LOVE YOU MOM. Those little things just make my heart melt. The same morning I had slept on the sofa with nothing over me but an afghan and he had brought his comforter from his room and covered me with it. :o)

Anonymous said...

if my daughter did that i would have taken a picture too....  but we have no snow here....  so maybe she can write something good in the sand!!!   have a good one!  rachel

Anonymous said...

how cute!

Anonymous said...

LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE A GOOD DAD AND YOUR CHILDREN ADORE YOU.:) HOW SWEET THAT WAS FOR HIM TO DO THAT!!
AND I DO KNOW HOW SWEET THE REWARDS ARE IN RAISING CHILDREN. IT SEEMS AS THOUGH YOU WONT EVER GET THEM RAISED, BUT ALL ALONG THE WAY, THEY ARE FILLING YOUR HEART WITH WONDERFUL MEMORIES AND THINGS TO CARRY YOU THROUGH IT ALL.
KIM.

Anonymous said...

ha ha...this is great! good way to start your morning.....D