Friday, November 12, 2004

Three things

1) I changed the title of my journal. I'm not sure if I'm gonna stick with it or not. You may see the old name back again next week. Why don't you guys let me know what you think. (edit Nov. 14--I changed it back)

2) I added a couple of new links in the other journals section. The latest one is called Corpse Countdown. It is sub-titled Until that which was me is gone. On the masthead he says, "One day I will die. Here is my blog leading up to that point." Although I am prohibited from naming the author, I recommend you give him a read.

3) Weekend Assignment #33: You can have any person, past or present, sing any song for you that you want. What is the song, and who is singing it for you?

Extra credit: Name a singer you wish you could sing like, but can't. So that means even those of you with excellent voices have to pick someone you can't sing like.

  I skipped last week's assignment for a couple of reasons. First, I'm not an American, and don't have enough of a handle on the important issues facing the nation to comment. Although, come to think of it, neither does the existing President. (OK, that was uncalled for.) And  second, I didn't want to be included in the group of AOL journallers that would leap to complete that particular assignment. I'm a moderate. Live and let live, and all that jazz.
  That being said, last week's assignment has filtered down and coloured my imagination this week. I've never been a president of anything; not even the high school smoking team, or the neighbourhood cat walking club. Nevertheless, I would choose to have Marilyn Monroe sing Happy Birthday Mr. President to me. In private. Hubba Hubba.

  Extra credit question? I can't sing. Not a lick. I do sing; in the shower, in the car. If anybody is ever around, I tend to get hit by flying rubber boots, or cabbages, or the neighbour's cat. It really is that bad. I love music. I love to sing. But I suck at it. So I'm not choosy. I'd just like to be able to sing. However choice is the name of the game here. If I could have any voice I wanted, I'd want Robert Plant's voice.
Lighten up lady I'm in love with you.
photo by Barrie Wentzell

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the new title, although your previous title was pleasantly quaint.  As for your assignment... I don't think Marilyn Monroe's rendition of Happy Birthday can be considered 'singing'.  It was more like phone sex... without the phone!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Dorn ... I like the new title


Kasey

http://journals.aol.com/ikoiko33/TheReturnofKaseypalooza

Anonymous said...

I like the new name Paul stick with it...and I'm soooo impressed by your extra credit choice Robert Plant..hubba hubba....hehe

Mish

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Dorna and phone sex! She's right you know.

Robert Plant rocks. I like the new name. Now change the colors of your journal to match it. I've some great Goth Graphics that would look good in here to. What'cha think? ;o)

Anonymous said...


"The Long Disease" - And I had thought of changing my screen-name to that. Are we in sync' or, what? I must admit, it has a ring to it.

"Marilyn Monroe" - You can certainly pick them. Are you an artist too? What a Heavenly conception and she'll even be referring to you as "Mister President"... Squirt!

Here's something special, to start your day off with (Yes, we both 'wish' that it was Marilyn Monroe).

http://journals.aol.com/thelovetrain/Drift/

Later but, hopefully sooner.

~Brian

Anonymous said...

The new name of your journal makes me uncomfortable. In a good way. Mrs. L.  P.S. You wanna play scissors paper rock for Toni Braxton's body?

Anonymous said...

Two great choices!Even though you didnt like mine ...lol...Ill still give you' props" Looks good in here im going to read on...,D

Anonymous said...

I think these are great choices!  As for your comment "neither does the existing President", unfortunately I think it's more than called for  :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhh that is just an attempt to be alone with Marilyn heehheheheh
I caught you paul!!!!
hehe
Luv, Chelle

Anonymous said...

Three things back atcha:

1. The voice: I'm not a Led Zep fan, but you've chosen one of the great rock and roll voices of all time. But you knew that.

2. The Monroe incident involving a U.S. president is wonderfully iconic, but I'm surprised that it was nominated by Mr. Canada. Not that there's anything wrong with that...!

3. The new journal title is too morose, even for me. The old one is quirky and intriguing, much like this journal.

Karen