Thursday, September 2, 2004

Weekend assignment

John Scalzi is kinda like AOL journals' ambassador to the blogging/journaling community. Every Thursday, he posts a weekend assignment, and bunches of people, sheeplike, dance to his tune.

Baa.

This week's assignment is: "Got a photo you really love? Show it and tell us why." That made me dig out some really old pictures I've had lying around and never done anything with.

This is one of the earliest photos I took that I was somewhat proud of. I took it with my Dad's old Kodak Signet 40 rangefinder. It's a view from the cottage of a friend of mine in Parry Sound.

This is one of the few pictures of myself that I don't totally hate. It was taken in a little cafe in old Quebec City by a friend of mine about 15 years ago.

This one was taken just a couple of weeks ago with my Sony digital camera. It's my son Matthew. For a better look at him, scroll down to the entry titled puppy dog tales. I have a few others, which I may add a little later this weekend.

If you're here from the link in the comments section on John's journal, Hey!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very artistic photos!  They are great! Perhaps you should go into photography. -Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

actually, no-- I'm here because you no doubt followed a link in Scalzi's link-fest, and were kind enough to make a comment in my journal.
http://journals.aol.com/merelyP/ArgumentAgainstGrowingUp

Love these pictures, too.  I always love pictures of folks smoking.  Somehow things were better in the world when it was okay to smoke.  So much less anality.

If you've quit, I'm glad for your health.
If you still smoke 15 years later, may I shake your hand.  

Quebec City!  To die for!  We stayed in the Chateau Frontenac, ate Italian at a lovely French (but of course!) cafe, bought art from a street vendor.  Didn't get to the new part of the city--the Old end was way too charming.

A votre sante,
~~mumsy

Anonymous said...

Paul, I don't believe the photo of yourself is of 15 years ago
Valerie