Sunday, September 12, 2004

Weekend Assignment

Weekend Assignment #23: 100 years from now, your great-great-great-grandchild has been assigned to write a school report on your life and times. Help him or her by putting five things in a time capsule.

   Another toughie! John's really making me think here. Five things that would cast a light on me or the times I lived in...

1) My VHS copies of the original Star Wars trilogy. The pre-Special Edition ones, because by then George Lucas (who will still be alive) will have succeeded in totally eradicating all memory of his first release of those films. Oh, and a VCR. You know, so they can play them. Actually, the VCR might fall under the "what the heck is this" category. And if it doesn't, this might:

2) My curling broom, shoes, and sweater, and this picture of me, so my descendant can learn about one of my passions.

3) The box containing all of my old writing from high school and university, because it might be worth something by then. Or, the energy criris may be worse, so they might need combustible fuel.

4) The remote control from my TV, and the keyboard from my computer, so they can have a laugh over our quaint, yet clumsy system controllers.

5) And, last but not least, a copy of that famous Farrah Fawcett Majors poster from the seventies, because, I don't care how far into the future you go, it doesn't get any better than that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!  Interesting choices, amusingly rendered! - Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so glad George Lucas will still be alive then!
~~mumsy
http://journals.aol.com/merelyP/ArgumentAgainstGrowingUp

Anonymous said...

of course, it interested me because my journal is the journal of pointless posting...

Anonymous said...

She had such a lovely smile... I used to watch her as a kid on some TV series in france... her as speaking French... something I cannot stand anymore for I can now see that it is not them speaking and the voice they choose are awful and don't go with the characters... berk...
Five things about me in my era:
I love dancing on spcae music, no boundaries, free movements,
my dying old fashion car
me on photo dressed as going working
my running shoes
a photo of the way I decorate my lounge with my computer in it
Valerie