Thursday, September 16, 2004

Invocation revisited

Weekend Assignment #24: Tell us what the first song was at your wedding reception and why you chose that song.

No offense, John, but I'm going to pass on this week's assignment... because it's smarmy chick stuff... and because it's lame. There is, however, some unfinished business in the garden to mention. We just picked up our annual garlic sets. It's still a bit too warm to plant them, but probably shortly after halloween, we'll drop them in the ground, so we'll have fresh garlic next fall.

As well, why don't we revisit the invocation story.

To start with, we have our first success story. And what a success it was! As the comments section of my previous entry clearly shows, floralilia dropped by to find out what I had written about her... before I had even written it. No doubt, her amazing feat of prescience was due to her featuring me in her "pearls of wisdom" type journal: succulent wisdom-juiciness from j-land. I am honoured and humbled. But, what was that old saying about swine? Nevermind.

Next, I'm going to mention my Dad. Last time I was at Dad's house, I fired up his computer, connected to the interwurb, and called up my fledgling journal page. He kinda glanced at it, but I don't think he really understood what I was talking about. I bookmarked it for him so he could find it again if he ever wanted to. Think he will?

I'm also going to mention Clinton Hammond here. Who, you ask, is Clinton Hammond? Google him. When I just did, his page was the first result of 187,000. If it says "sword for hire" you've got the right guy. Clinton is a fellow "denizen" at Bright Weavings. He's also the self-proclaimed God-Emperor of Geeks. Why do I call attention to Clinton? I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment.

As I said in the previous entry, in the interest of science, if any of the above mentioned people come by and read this, please leave a comment here, or e-mail me at: plittle@aol.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now I KNOW i am a woman....I was all giddy to do this week's homework.....geez.

Anonymous said...

okay, i'm late, i had a head cold - it clogged up my invocating processes.

of course, it was unnecessary, as i read you regularly - kind sir -

thanks for highlighting succulent wisdom - how fun is that site, eh?

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that.
Invocation is Yester~
Some guy has moved resolutely
on to "google=whacking" or somesuch.
Less than famous i am^

Anonymous said...

[ignore previous comment>]
Now~evybody is "pod=casting"
Is that^ a good thing?