Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Closet Mold

I have to rip out all the drywall in the coat closet in my front hall.

I guess there's been some moisture coming in, or building up at the front corner of the house. Inside our coat closet, the old drywall is black with mold in places. I'm going to have to rip out all of the old drywall. Then I'm going to have to spray every surface with a 5:1 water/bleach solution twice a day for at least a week to try and get rid of all the mold. Then I'm going to have to figure out where the moisture is coming from, or it'll all just come back.

Today, I pulled all of our coats out of the closet. My god! There's only three of us. I had to make four trips up to the back bedroom with an armfull of coats each time. They all smell musty, too. I also made several trips with arms full of shoes. Then I had to pull down all of the games we never play. Let's see... Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit, Scruples, Balderdash, Scrabble, Mastermind, Passout (had that one for a long time). Also, three or four jigsaw puzzles that have never been opened. Two bicycle helmets (nobody in this house rides a bike, even Matthew). Then I tented the entry hall in plastic to keep the dust enclosed. Tomorrow I get to start breaking drywall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know, I am moving now (I'm very slow at the task) and I am so glad that those kids, my 7 little neighbours, enjoy the games I give them
Valerie